Criminal Defense, OVI/DUI, and Automobile Accident Lawyer
Whether you are charged with drunk driving or injured in a car accident, I work to develop a good relationship by being a straight shooter about how the law applies, and your available options. I will aggressively negotiate for a favorable outcome, and I am prepared to take your case to trial and fight it out with the prosecution or the insurance company in court when necessary.
Contact Calesaric Law in Newark, Ohio to learn more about my practice in the following areas:
I defend clients charged with various felonies and misdemeanors, including white-collar crimes such as fraud, violent crimes such as aggravated assault and felony murder, traffic offenses such as OVI/DUI. I can also assist you with expungement of a criminal record or any other post conviction remedy.
- OVI/DUI Defense – OVI (also called DUI or OMVI) charges are both urgent and complicated, especially if you need to keep your commercial driver’s license (CDL). If your license has been suspended, you must request a license hearing within 30 days of your arraignment or your driver’s license (including your CDL if you have one) may remain suspended for up to five years. I also represent clients with multiple OVI offenses.
- Aggravated Vehicular Assault/Aggravated Vehicular Homicide – If you are driving drunk and cause an accident that results in serious bodily injury to another person, you can be charged with aggravated vehicular assault. If there is a death, you face aggravated vehicular homicide charges. A conviction on either charge can have very serious ramifications, including mandatory prison time and permanent revocation of your driver’s license.
- Driver’s License Suspension – No matter why your driver’s license has been suspended, it is important to get a lawyer’s help and have your license reinstated as soon as you are eligible. If you are arrested for driving with a suspended license, you risk going to jail for an extended period.
- Commercial Driver’s License Suspensions – If you have a suspended CDL for drunk driving or other traffic offense, your driving privileges and livelihood are at stake. Take action early on. There are strategies that can be used to fight your CDL suspension.
- Drug Possession and Paraphernalia – From traffic stops to home searches, possession of illegal drugs and related paraphernalia carry serious consequences, including losing your license. You have rights, Calesaric Law will protect them.
Car accident injuries can be devastating physically, emotionally, and financially. No one will be able to undo all of the damage, but an experienced personal injury attorney can help you obtain a fair recovery for your injuries. There are reasons why an insurance company will try to get you to settle your case quickly and without legal representation.
- Commercial Truck Accidents – In addition to the often devastating injures suffered by those in smaller vehicles, trucking accidents involve complex issues such as federal regulations, multiple parties and interstate concerns. I have the skill and resources ensure your rights and needs have a voice.
- Motorcycle Accidents – While motorcycles have an equal right to the roadway as cars and trucks, motorcycle riders are not treated equally by other drivers. Every year, hundreds of motorcyclists are injured or killed after being run off the road by other drivers who do not pay attention. I won’t let the insurance company treat you as a second class citizen in a claim.
- Drunk-Driver Accident Victims – If you have been injured in an auto accident caused by a drunk driver, I am uniquely qualified to help you make a fair recovery. For six years, I was the lead prosecutor for all OVI/DUI/DWI crimes in Licking County, including aggravated vehicular assault and aggravated vehicular homicide cases.
- Wrongful Death – Most accidental death cases involve fatal car accidents, fatal motorcycle accidents, or fatal truck accidents. While the police will investigate the cause of the accident, the story they hear will be the version told by the survivor. If you have lost a loved one in an accident, a lawyer can represent your family and help you get the answers you need and the compensation you deserve.
The workers’ compensation system in Ohio is designed to help people who are injured at work or suffer an occupational illness. However, many people who have valid workers’ compensation claims are denied benefits because they made a mistake in the application process. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer can help you avoid the mistakes and make a fair recovery.
Free consultation: Contact me, Robert Calesaric, to schedule a consultation about your case. From my office in Newark, I serve clients throughout central Ohio, including Columbus.